Ms. Jackie Leung serves as an instructor in Design at the School of Fashion and Textiles (SFT) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. She graduated from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University with a bachelor’s degree in Fashion and Textiles Design in 2005 and completed her master’s degree in Fashion at Kingston University in 2010.
Ms. Leung has worked in the fashion industry in Hong Kong, China, and the UK for over nine years. She has extensive work experience in fashion and textile design, prior to her involvement in the education field. Her designs integrate traditional dressmaking techniques with contemporary design concepts and advanced technologies and have been exhibited in Hong Kong, London, and Paris fashion shows and exhibitions. Ms. Leung has started her research postgraduate studies at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University recently, which is related to the culture of global fashion.
PhD Candidate, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2021 – present)
MA Fashion, Kingston University (2009 – 2010)
BA (Hons) Fashion and Textiles Design, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (2002 – 2005)
1. Exhibitor of a joint exhibition – Ascending Dimension 2023 (https://www.fashiongallery.hk/exhibitions/ascending-dimension%3A-fashion-exhibition-by-sft-faculty)
2. Exhibitor of a joint exhibition - Fashion Tech Timelapsed Exhibition 2021 (https://www.fash-iongallery.hk/fashiontechtimelapsed)
3. Invited exhibitor of an international trade show - Who’s Next Paris 2014
4. Invited exhibitor of Fashion Farm Foundation Hong Kong Designers’ Exhibition 2014
Academic Awards and Other Achievements:
1. Awardee of ITC Outstanding Teaching Awards 2022
2. Invited lecturer for Kyoto Institute of Technology
3. Finalist of Kingston University MA Fashion Graduation Show 2010 as part of London Fashion Week
4. Finalist of the ITC BA Fashion Graduation Show 2005 in Hong Kong